The Resident Opportunities and Empowerment Programme Grant
A £500,000 government grant to provide training, boost confidence and offer toolkits for residents on a range of social housing issues has opened for bids.
The Resident Opportunities and Empowerment Programme Grant is new funding for the next 3 years to inspire and enable social housing residents to restore a sense of community, local pride and belonging especially in those places where they have been lost and drive delivery of higher quality landlord services that are focussed on their needs through provision of a training, capacity building and access to independent information support programme.
£500,000 government grant will provide training for social housing residents to speak up and raise issues with their landlord, as part of wider reforms to ensure social housing residents are heard by their landlord.
Applications are now open for organisations with relevant social housing sector experience to deliver the programme.
Eligible applications include the following:
- Charity – an organisation registered as a Charity with UK charity regulators (however unincorporated organisations are excluded)
- Charitable Registered Society under Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014
- A Community Interest Company registered with Companies House (however companies limited by shares are excluded)
- A Charitable Incorporated Organisation registered with the Charity Commission
- A Company Limited by Guarantee registered with Companies House
- A Cooperative or Community benefit society
- An Industrial and Provident Society (IPS)
Consortium bids will be accepted. Annual funding will be available up to 2025 upon the awarding of the grant. There may be the opportunity for the grant to be extended for a further period from 1 April 2025, subject to funding availability.
Click here to read the New Resident Opportunities and Empowerment Grant: prospectus
Click here to read the press release from the Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities.
All applications must be completed in full and received by 11.59pm on 2 October 2022 via email to [email protected].