This fund is open to UK charities working in the following areas: Opportunity, Environment, and Heritage.
The grants can be awarded on a restricted or unrestricted basis and the Trust is willing support core costs, capital expenditures and salaries.
Priority will be given to charities that:
- Operate in some of the most disadvantaged parts of the UK
- Try to engage the most marginalised and vulnerable in their work
- Can clearly demonstrate the needs they are addressing
- Know what they are aiming to achieve and plan to monitor and evaluate outcomes
- Are well placed and well qualified to deliver the work
- Can show a proven track record as well as solid ambitions
- Have the potential to change the way issues are tackled more widely
- Take an effective approach to using volunteers and mentors (where appropriate)
- Are seeking to make their income streams more sustainable
- Have strong and quality leadership
- Manage their finances prudently