BBC Children in Need Emergency Essentials Programme supports children and young people who are facing exceptionally difficult circumstances and is delivered by Family Fund Business Services.
This programme provides items for the most basic needs of vulnerable children and young people who may be:
- Living in severe poverty and suffering deprivation as a result.
- Affected by additional social issues such as domestic abuse, substance misuse, estrangement, disability or serious illness, mental health or behavioural difficulties, abuse or neglect.
The following fund can deliver or fund critical items such as:
- Kitchen equipment and small appliances.
- Children’s beds and bedding (including cots).
- Washing machines and tumble dryers.
- Fridges, freezers and fridge-freezers.
- Baby equipment.
Applications must be made through an organisation that is supporting the family or young person and is capable of assessing their needs, and that can also administer the grant.