Community Environmental Project Fund – Together for Our Planet
Deadline 18th November
This programme will offer grants from £1,000 to £10,000 of National Lottery funding to support communities across the UK to take action on climate change.
A £2.5 million funding programme available to voluntary and community organisations in the United Kingdom for small-scale projects to take action on climate change is set to open.
The Together for Our Planet programme aims to support the nurturing and development of local ideas, contributing to a legacy of ongoing climate action projects in hundreds of communities across the UK.
Funding is intended to support projects that focus on one or more of the following areas:
- Waste and consumption.
- The natural environment.
Projects will need to meet at least two of the following criteria:
- Support the development of longer-term climate action within communities.
- Encourage communities to plan for the climate emergency – to consider what climate action could mean to them and why it matters.
- Celebrate the importance of community-led climate action and encourage more people to get involved.
- Build resilience in communities that are hardest hit by climate change.
- Provide jobs, skills or training opportunities for communities which support climate action.
Grants of £1,000 to £10,000 will be available.
It is expected that approximately 400 to 500 awards will be made through this programme, and that most of the funding awarded will be to support activities taking place after the COP26 conference (which runs from 1 to 12 November 2021).
The programme will open to applications on 1 September 2021, with a deadline for applications of 18 November 2021 (5pm).