Legacy income reaches ‘most ever raised in a single year’ at Macmillan

Legacy income at Macmillan increased by 26% to the charity’s highest ever amount last year, according to its most recent accounts.

Macmillan generated income totalling £230.7m in 2021, representing an increase of 18% compared to 2020. Its annual return for the year end 31 December 2021 shows 98% of its income, £227.5m, came from fundraising activities. The remaining 2% came from grant income and investments. Meanwhile, the charity’s gender pay gap increased to more than 10%, which it partly attributed to reducing its headcount significantly – read more here.