This fund welcomes applications from both organisations and individuals seeking support for repairs and restoration efforts aimed at averting the loss or damage of historic buildings, their gardens, and any associated outbuildings.
Grants are made to owners (charities, institutions, local authorities and individuals) who demonstrate a sustainable and long-term commitment to the care, management and public access of the historic country houses in their care.
The project must meet the following criteria
- There is a compelling need for the work, usually within 2 to 3 years
- The work will enhance historic environment
- There will be appropriate public access
- There is a financial need for the grant
- The work can proceed within a reasonable time frame (usually 1 to 2 years)
- The work is sustainable with a suitable conservation and/or business plan
- The building or structure is listed however, we may make grants that involve an unlisted building, particularly in a conservation area
- The structure is rural, either in the countryside or where it has been overtaken by urban or suburban development