The main purpose of this role is to:
• Visit a customer in their own home on a regular basis for tea and a chat.
• Assist in any activities to help them run smoothly, e.g. breakfast/lunch clubs, group work
• Accompany a customer to do some shopping or visit a friend.
• Help reduce isolation by teaching customers how to use social media/skype etc.
• Make staff aware of any issues or problems the client may have and signpost to relevant agencies.
In addition to this, Volunteers may also able to take part in the following activities should they wish:
• Assist staff in the general running of the service including meeting and greeting new customers.
• Assist with general office duties.
• Act as a point of contact for other customers, visitors or contractors and help to communicate between staff, customers and other volunteers.
• Support customers to achieve their goals, e.g. supporting someone to get online, learn a new skill or even just having a chat.
For more information please go to the Hull CVS website.