Workshop – Housing Standards, Rights and Access to Accommodation
Date: Friday 21 April 2023
Time: 10am – 12pm
Location: Welcome House, 3 Wright Street HU2 8HR
Voluntary, charitable and faith based organisations have told the Council that issues around housing are a major concern for people they work with in Hull.
This workshop, aimed at workers in organisations supporting newly arrived communities, which include asylum seekers, refugees and migrant workers, will aim to equip you with knowledge of the services available as well as useful information in the following areas:
Private sector housing
· What the council can and can’t do
· An overview of housing condition hazards and what to look out for and report
· Damp, mould, condensation and how to manage this
· Safeguarding and tenant exploitation
· Hull’s Accredited Landlord Scheme
Housing in Hull
· Demand for accommodation versus supply in social and private rented sectors
· Homelessness and the rules around eligibility and priority need
· What services are available to support people to access or keep a tenancy
· Potential sources of financial help
This will be an interactive session with the opportunity to ask questions.
To book your place at this workshop, please contact Ria Toutountzi via email by 18th April: [email protected]
Please note, this session is not open to members of the public.
We look forward to seeing you at what we hope will be an interesting event!