Proposed changes to the ‘Working together to safeguard children policy 2018′
The Department for Education (DfE) published a new edition of its statutory guidance Working together to safeguard children in December 2023.
This 2023 edition replaces Working together to safeguard children 2018, which underwent a limited factual update in 2020.
The guidance outlines what organisations and agencies must and should do to help, protect and promote the welfare of all children and young people under the age of 18 in England.
This briefing outlines the main changes in the 2023 edition, including updates around:
- multi-agency expectations for all practitioners
- working with parents and families
- clarifying the roles and responsibilities of safeguarding partners
- the role of education and childcare providers
- multi-agency practice standards
- support for disabled children
- tackling harm that occurs outside the home.
To read the full update and changes click here.