YMCA Humber is seeking a new CEO to lead them to achieve extraordinary things through the delivery of a wide range of services to some of the most vulnerable people in our community.
Chief Executive Officer
Salary Range £60k -£65k for an outstanding candidate
YMCA Humber need an exceptional and experienced leader who knows how to turn a vision into reality. You will be an ambitious and aspiring Deputy CEO or a proven CEO elsewhere with a demonstrable record of success in the Third Sector. YMCA expect a creative, strategic leader with excellent business networking skills, strong team development skills and keen business acumen.
To find out more about this role and to download an application pack click here.
If you want an informal, confidential discussion about this post, please contact Ian Sackree – 07795 271559 or David Benyon – 07970 042334.
Deadline 30th September
Women’s Aid provide support and accommodation for victims and survivors of domestic abuse. In order to sustain all support services, including those for children, Women’s Aid need to continually fundraise – one way they do this is via the Charity Shops. They’re are pleased to announce that will be opening one of their shops in Immingham very soon.
They’re are looking for a very friendly, passionate and dedicated Retail Assistant to help. The applicant would need to oversee the day-to-day running of the shop including, standards, stock, rotas, etc. The applicant should have experience of supervising people and will need to have excellent organisational and communication skills.
Deadline 4th October
24 hours per week
Salary £20,598 FTE £13,732 Actual
KIDS is a national charity dedicated to creating an inclusive world for disabled children, young people and their families.
They are looking to appoint a Training for Parents Practitioner to deliver a range of accredited training programmes for families with children with SEND to improve their family emotional health and wellbeing. They will also offer a range of training opportunities to professionals working across a range of services including those in universal provision, and will offer short term intervention and support to families via home visits, telephone support and signposting. They will also support the City Sleep service through contributing to workshop and 1:1 support delivery.
The post holder will need to complete the Family Star outcomes based model with parents, and contribute to the development of new training courses as and when required.
It is essential that the successful applicant is educated to minimum of NVQ level 3 or equivalent, and must have experience of presenting and delivering information and training materials to a diverse audience including parents and practitioners. They must also have an understanding of the issues of having a child with a disability/special needs. They will need to be a car driver with use of their own car, and be willing to work occasional evenings.
Closing Date: Thursday 4th October 2018
Interview Date: Thursday 18th October 2018
Deadline 24th September
(Part–time, Fixed Term contract until September 2020)
Main Purpose: Performing administrative duties for the smooth running of H-CAS.
- Office administration, filing, letter writing, form filling, etc.
- Assisting in the creation & distribution of publicity materials to increase awareness, provide information and widen participation.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- To compile and maintain auditable records, both paper and electronic, of the H-CAS activities.
- To maintain a database of project staff, volunteers, clients, partners and associated contacts.
- Assist in arranging events, evaluations, client feedback, etc.
- Carry out such other duties as may be reasonably requested for the success of the H-CAS projects.
Experience and Knowledge
- Experience of office administration is essential.
- Experience of working with Information Technology applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience of working in a caring or community setting, preferably with minority ethnic communities; or those who are marginalised or excluded.
Qualities, Abilities and Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and a commitment to equality & diversity.
- Enthusiasm, reliability and self-motivation, with a flexible approach to work.
- Working as part of a team, with an ability to schedule work and manage deadlines.
A competitive salary will be offered.
The closing date for receiving the applications is 24th September, 2018
For an application form please contact H-CAS on Tel: 01482 236460 or 07914 635641.
Deadline 3pm on 19th September
Interview date is Friday 28th September 2018.
Fixed term for 12 months from start date.
Salary: £22,736 – £25,534 per annum
Hours of work: Full Time. Your normal hours are a minimum of 37.5 hours per week, worked Monday to Friday. You will be notified of your start and finish times from time to time by Management.
Dove House Hospice is a charity providing care for people in Hull and the East Riding of Yorkshire with life limiting illnesses. They are specialists in palliative care which is the total care of patients whose illness is no longer curable and for whom the goal must be quality of life.
The purpose of this role is to develop a Hospice Neighbours scheme reaching out to socially isolated patients and members of the community to support them beyond the walls of the hospice building. A network of volunteers will provide non-medical hospice inspired care, to empower service users to increase social engagement thus improving physical and emotional wellbeing. The post holder will be responsible for:
- Developing and managing the Hospice Neighbours (HN) project
- Identifying and recruiting volunteers to be HNs working in conjunction with the Volunteers Department and the Patient and Community Engagement Lead (PCEL).
- Working in conjunction with the DHH Education and Training Department to develop an induction and training programme for NHs to ensure they are fully equipped for the role and ensure that all HNs take part in the training.
- Assessing the needs, wishes, and interests of service users referred to the HN project
- To assist the Community Engagement Lead with hospice based activities including supporting and assisting patients and carers.
To download the application pack as an online pdf got to the Dove House Hospice website
If you’re unable to download and print the pdf, The Hospice team will happy to send you an application form. Please contact Nicola Beecher, Administration Assistant on 01482 784343 ext 113 to request one. They are unable to accept applications by CV or to contact applicants who apply this way.