Deadline 22nd November
Grants of between £2,000 and £50,000 are available for projects that can demonstrate how they fall into Object D of the Landfill Communities Fund. Object D shows commitment to the protection of the environment, and the provision, maintenance or improvement of a public park or another public amenity. WREN’s definition of an amenity is something that a community will have access to and be able to use for leisure or recreation purposes.
Examples of eligible projects include, but are not limited to:
- Replacement doors and windows for village halls and community centres.
- Provision of children’s play equipment in open public spaces.
- Construction of footpaths and cycleways in public parks.
- The provision of all-weather play surfaces for MUGA multi use games areas.
- The provision of skate parks.
- Dipping platform and all weather paths at local nature reserves.
Although match funding is not a specified requirement, the Waste Recycling Group (as a condition of providing WREN with the Landfill Tax Credits) require project applicants to secure the help of eligible ‘Third Parties’ who will reimburse them with an amount equal to 10.75% of any grant committed. Third Party funders cannot, however, gain any unique benefit from the project put forward for funding.
Applications will be accepted from the following types of organisations:
- Registered charities which operate a community facility.
- Churches or Parochial Church Councils.
- Parish or Town Councils or Management Committees or User Associations acting on behalf of Parish or Town Councils.
- Local Authorities.
- CASC Registered Sports Clubs.
Other organisations may still be able to apply for funding if they apply as a secondary applicant with a Parish Council, Local Authority or charity which has an involvement in their project site.