The Foundation provides grants to officially recognised charitable organisations within the United Kingdom only in respect of:
- Relief of persons in need, hardship or distress by reason of disaster or as a consequence of social or economic circumstance.
- Provision/Maintenance of care and accommodation for the sick and elderly.
- Promotion of education – in particular within the Derbyshire region.
- Environmental Conservation/Preservation/Protection/Improvement – in particular where this would encourage the provision of access by members of the general public.
- Human physical well-being – but applicants should note that funding in this area is proactive and the trustees will not make grants in response to unsolicited applications.
Applications are only considered at the Trustees’ quarterly meetings in January, April, July and October. The deadline for applications is normally six weeks prior to the meeting and applications that are received after the deadline are automatically held over for consideration at the subsequent one.