Wooden Spoon’s objective is to make a positive impact on the lives of disadvantaged children and young people through projects of a physical nature.
The broad themes are
- Health and wellbeing: No child should miss out on the health and wellbeing benefits of sport.
- Sensory rooms and gardens: To enthral, engage and excite young minds by stimulating children’s senses.
- Specialist equipment and facilities: Providing firm foundations for brighter futures by backing building works and tackling transport and activity aids.
- Playgrounds and outdoor activities: Valuing the power of play in learning new skills.
- Education projects: Engaging socially disadvantaged children and young people not in education, employment or training.
While there is neither a minimum nor maximum grant level, it is unlikely projects of a physical nature under £5,000 in value will have sufficient substance and scale to qualify under the “projected life span” criteria