Deadline 18th March 2018
BBC Children in Need are currently looking for a Voluntary Advisory Committee Chair and Committee Members in the North region.
BBC Children in Need exists to make a positive difference to the lives of disadvantaged children and young people across the UK. Our refreshed objectives and activities will ensure the impact we have on childrens lives is front and centre of the work the charity undertakes over and above the projects and services we fund.
Our focus is on finding and funding the inspiring ideas that change childrens lives.
- Analytical skills and interpretation of complex written and financial information
- Ability to assess feasibility of projects
- Good communication skills and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with people of all
types and at all levels
- Good decision making skills
- Ability to think strategically, discuss and debate in a meeting environment
- Ability to remain objective and retain an overview
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, time management and prioritisation skills
- IT literacy to competent standard
- Flexibility and adaptability
- A good understanding of the voluntary and statutory sectors
- Good knowledge of local/regional area and background
- A sound understanding of issues facing disadvantaged children and young people and the environment
in which provision is being delivered
- Previous experience of working on a committee
- Skills/experience of assessing
- A commitment to equality of opportunity
- Attention to detail
- Strategic thinking
Committee meetings take place at BBC venues some travel and overnight stays may be involved, they will reimburse expenses in relation to the role e.g. travel, phone calls, overnight stays etc.
For more information please visit the website here.