Guidance updated in line with the national restrictions introduced on 6 January. Deleted 2 attachments summarising the guidance.
This guidance is for directors of public health, care providers and others who will be involved in planning to enable visits to care homes. It sets out:
- an overview of the visiting practices supported by this guidance
- advice for providers when establishing their visiting policy
- advice for providers when taking visiting decisions for particular residents or groups of residents
- advice on delivering safe visiting, with and without testing
- information on visiting in exceptional circumstances such as end of life