Deadline 2nd March
Grants are available for community groups working in York, North Yorkshire, Hull and East Yorkshire for projects which engage young people in ongoing regular volunteering or demonstrate how another youth-led method will be as effective at engaging young people in social action.
The #iwill Fund looks to support activities that create opportunities for young people aged 10-20 to develop their character and their capacity to significantly contribute to their community.
Applicants must demonstrate that their project can meet the following six principles of youth social action:
- Challenging – Taking the young people out of their comfort zone, whilst keeping the activities fun and enjoyable
- Youth-led – Young people are taking a lead in decision making and creating ideas for the project
- Socially Impactful – The project has clear benefit to the community
- Progressive – There is a knowledge of your local area and how the project can link in with existing activities
- Embedded – A sustainable project giving lasting skills that can be used throughout life
- Reflective – The young people are able to look back on the project and evaluate their experiences
Applications should be for a project that lasts up to a year; however, projects do not have to last a year, eg they can be one-off events.
For more information go to Two Ridings (opens in a new tab)