Flexible working patterns
£22k pa pro rata
Job title:Tutor Functional Skills / English/ Maths / ICT/Career development/Independent Living Skills, Skills for Life and Work
30 Hour contract – fixed for 12 months
Responsible to: Emmaus Functional Skills Leader
Purpose of post: To plan and deliver high quality teaching, learning, assessment and tutorial support to
Emmaus companions and volunteers, to maximise achievement and support continuous improvement. To teach and assess Functional English/ Maths/ ICT within a range of vocational areas, mainly to adult learners. To provide guidance and support to vocational mentors. To plan and deliver innovative teaching sessions to inspire and motivate.
The post holder will be required to:
- To teach and assess Functional skills English/ Maths / ICT to Emmaus companions.
- To support vocational mentors to embed Functional Skills in schemes of work and lesson plans.
- To devise a programme of learning (scheme of work) with appropriate effective teaching and learning strategies, resources and assessments.
- To support the principles of effective learning by participating in the development of shared teaching and learning resources for Functional Skills.
- To maintain attendance registers, records of progress and ensure Learners are correctly enrolled with the Emmaus and Awarding Bodies.
- To undertake professional development and training to contribute to individual and Emmaus development as agreed through professional review, so evaluating and enhancing own practice.
- To contribute to the effective implementation of High Quality Learning modules.
- To present the Emmaus and ensure that all areas of personal activity comply with the standards laid down by the Emmaus and Emmaus UK.
- To carry out all duties with due regard to Health and Safety regulations.
- To ensure compliance with the Financial Regulations of Emmaus.
- To positively promote equality of opportunity for staff and learners.
- To carry out other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time.
- To deliver employability programmes for companions to enable progression.
This job description is intended to provide a general guide to the duties and responsibilities of the post and aims to set this in the context of the framework within, which the post holder is expected to operate. For more information and an application pack please e-mail Kelly@emmaushull.org.uk