Sector Support Calderdale is a project funded by Calderdale Council to provide support to not-for-profit organisations that deliver their services to communities in the borough.
We offer support with:
- Funding – sources, strategies and bid writing support.
- Organisational development – needs assessments, setting up new groups and organisations, project planning, governance, legal structures, community asset transfer support and social enterprise development.
- Safeguarding – good practice advice, facilitation of the VCS Safeguarding Forum, representation and training.
- Strategic development – partnership brokerage service, consultation and engagement, and voice and representation.
- Volunteer Centre – advice on good practice and quality accreditation, facilitation of the Volunteer Managers Partnership and maintaining a database of volunteer opportunities.
We also represent Calderdale’s sector at events, organise themed events, provide outreach advice surgeries, offer one-to-one advice at a venue accessible to you, and publicise information through our e-bulletin, website and social media platforms.