7 January 2021
Updated to reflect the temporary disapplication of offences for non-attendance in schools during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
The guidance documents on this page apply to:
- schools maintained by the local authority
- academiesand free schools
- pupil referral units (for children who can’t go to a mainstream school)
- non-maintained special schools (schools for children with special educational needs that the Secretary of State for Education has approved under section 342 of the Education Act 1996)
- independent schools for pupil registers