The voluntary and community sector has always had an important role in supporting children and families. Over the last few weeks, many new community groups have been set up to support vulnerable people across the UK. Other groups and organisations are adapting their services so they can continue to engage with and support young people throughout the pandemic.
The NSPCC have pulled together some resources that can help everyone in the voluntary and community sector safeguard and protect children and young people during the coronavirus pandemic. This includes information about:
- writing and updating safeguarding and child protection policies and procedures
- making sure your staff and volunteers are safe to work with children
- supporting children and families
- recognising and responding to abuse
- carrying out online activities and events.
You can find the resources here (opens in a new tab)