Updated ‘What specific steps should be taken to care for children with complex medical needs, such as tracheostomies?’ to include guidance on aerosol generating procedures (AGPs) in education and children’s social care settings.
information about how to report confirmed coronavirus (COVID-19) cases in the section on engaging with the NHS test and trace process.
to include new guidance on the test and trace process, social care visits, shielding, staff who have been in close contact with a positive case and the use of face coverings.
This guidance is for:
- all staff in educational, childcare and children’s social care settings
- children, young people and other learners
It applies to:
- children’s homes, including secure children’s homes
- residential special schools or colleges
- fostering services
- visits to family homes
- alternative provision
- early years and childcare settings
- schools, including special schools
- colleges, including specialist post-16 institutions
This guidance explains the principles of infection prevention and control to enable safe working during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
It includes advice on:
- minimising contact
- changes of work practices
- hand and respiratory hygiene
- increased cleaning of the environment
- limiting movement
- when you might need to use personal protective equipment (PPE)
Early years and childcare settings, schools and colleges should read this guidance in conjunction with the ‘Coronavirus (COVID-19): implementing protective measures in education and childcare settings’ guidance