Deadline 30th April
Could you be part of shaping and informing our grant making strategy and decisions?
TRCF are looking for people to join their Grants Committee as co-opted members. This means
you would sit alongside trustee representatives on the Grants Committee to add additional and specific insight and experience.
Co-opted members have the same rights and responsibilities as trustees on the Grants Committee but the majority of the attendees must be trustees and the chair of the committee is always a trustee.
The Grants Committee reports to the Board of Trustees and is responsible for:
- Assessing the impact of the grant-making programmes;
- Overseeing the overall Foundation grant making strategy as well as the management and administration of the Foundation’s grant making process;
- Reviewing grant applications, approving grants on behalf of the Board and ratifying decisions made by advisory panels or grants made under delegated authority;
- Assisting in securing and overseeing the delivery of new funds; and
- Identifying ways other than grant-making for the Foundation to contribute appropriately to meeting the needs of local communities and monitor progress of the initiatives prioritised.
The Grants Committee meets quarterly in June, September, December & March.
Meetings are usually in the afternoon on a Monday (usually the second Monday of the month) and
last up to 2 hours (see below for 2020/21 dates).
Meetings are held in their offices in York and travel expenses will be paid. They will also offer an induction session before the first meeting.
They are particularly looking for co-opted members who can add insight and experience of:
- Social enterprise
- Impact and evaluation of grant making activity
- Applying for funding from the perspective of a charity based in the region
- Understanding the challenges facing some groups from accessing funding (e.g. black, Asian, minority ethnic groups)
Please send an email to Jan Garrill, CEO, (email@example.com ) outlining briefly why
you would like to join the Grants Committee and what knowledge or understanding you would bring.