The Community Life Survey is held annually to track trends and developments in areas that encourage social action and empower communities.
Some of the key findings are:
- 22% took part in formal volunteering at least once a month and 36% took part in formal volunteering at least once in the last year.
- 75% gave to charitable causes in the last 4 weeks donating an average of £24 each.
- 25% felt able to influence decisions affecting their local area and 52% wanted to be more involved in local decision making.
- 76% were satisfied with their local area as a place to live and 81% agreed their area was a place where people from different backgrounds get on well together.
- 62% felt they belonged to their immediate neighbourhood and 84% felt they belonged to Britain.
- 74% met up in person with family or friends once a week or more but 6% said they felt lonely often or always.