We are looking for new board members for Healthwatch Hull – do you:
- Live, work or use health or care services in Hull ?
- Want to help discover, shape and improve people’s experience of health and social care in Hull?
- have experience of health or social care services in Hull
Read the recruitment pack below to find out more about the role of Healthwatch Advisory Board, and the skills and experience we are looking for.
Board members are expected to:
- To attend all meetings of the HHW Advisory Board and other identified sub groups and contribute to the development of a clear vision, strategy and objectives for HWH.
- To represent HWH at external meetings and events, as appropriate.
- To ensure that any decisions taken by the Board are in the best interests of HWH and that its legal and moral responsibilities are met.
- To actively contribute to the ongoing development of the Board and the staff team.
- To constructively challenge the work of HWH in order to promote public scrutiny and accountability.
Positions on the Healthwatch Hull Advisory Board is on a voluntary basis but reasonable expenses will be paid.
For an informal discussion about this position and an application pack please contact Gail Baines, Delivery Manager – Healthwatch Hull.
Telephone: 01482 499033
Role title: Humber and South Yorkshire Communications Volunteer
Purpose of the role:
Victim Support wants to reach more communities so that victims know who we are, and how we can support them. We also want to raise funds to support our work locally, and allow us to provide more innovative services.
Managed directly by the Victim Referral Liaison Officer, you will carry out specific and agreed marketing, publicity and fundraising tasks.
Anyone who is interested or needs further information should contact Sally Van Den Bos at : email@example.com or on 01482 305078/07572100330 .
Do you want to make a real difference to the lives of people living in Hull?
Do you have a passion for Health and Social Care?
Can you spare a few hours each month?
Forum are recruiting for Health and Social Care volunteers to support Connect Well Hull and Healthwatch Hull with their work. Opportunities include:
- Supporting clients to attend groups and activities to improve their health and wellbeing
- Supporting clients to make independent journeys
- Talking to and gathering information from local people on their experiences of Health and Social Care in Hull
- Conducting surveys and consultations with local communities
- Visiting services to speak with service users, relatives, carers and staff about their experience of the service
- Making recommendations that could improve the experience of service users
You do not need any specific skills or experience for our volunteering opportunities.
Full training will be provided to successful applicants and you will be reimbursed for reasonable out of pocket expenses incurred during your volunteering.
For more information or to request an application pack please call 01482 499038 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Friday 4th May 2018.