Do you work with children and young people who want to change public services, or give voice to the experiences of other children and young people?
Children England are looking for young people aged 13 – 21 to lead the next phase of the ChildFair State Inquiry: research and development of a new vision for the welfare state by children and young people themselves, with support from a sounding board of policy experts.
This team of Young Leaders will be supported by Leaders Unlocked to design and deliver the research project, engaging a total of around 2,500 children and young people from the communities they live in.
They’ll be able to challenge issues in areas like education, housing and public spaces, and come up with creative proposals for putting children’s needs at the heart of local and national policy and practice.
The team will:
- Develop their research and facilitation skills
- Give other children and young people a voice
- Explore their own and others’ experiences of public services
- Work with a panel of experts to create proposals for change that are as rigorous as possible and as radical as necessary
- Become, if they choose, active campaigners for the vision they create