Deadline 31st March 2020
The main focus for the Trust is support of organisations for young adults with a learning disability, with the aim of giving them practical skills to better prepare them to be able to lead independent lives.
They will consider:
- Projects that benefit young adults with a learning disability to give them skills to live more independent and fulfilled lives
- Printing and marketing where part of a specific project
- Running costs where it can be shown that the charity may close if not supported at this time.
With limited resources at their disposal, the Trustees will prioritise applications from projects which meet at least two of the following criteria:
- Designed for, and aimed, at people with learning disabilities aged 16 to 25
- Offer the opportunity for people to gain transferable life skills, which may include how to access support
- Offer employment experience
- Build in accredited training
- Enable social interaction with other people and allow self-expression and confidence-building.
- Applications from smaller organisations which are demonstrating an entrepreneurial approach to a locally identified issue.