Deadline 13th September
Hours: Full time 37.5 per week
Salary: £22,795 per annum
Closing date: 5pm on Friday 13 September 2019
An exciting opportunity has arisen due to the creation of new roles working within an established service which supports adults aged 18+ to improve their health and wellbeing.
The NHS Long Term Plan sets out a direction for the NHS in England over the next 10 years. A cornerstone of the plan is to give people greater control over their own health, and this includes plans to roll out social prescribing. This commitment creates an exciting opportunity to build on the good practice and success of the Live Well Wakefield service, the existing local social prescription service.
- You will work closely with primary care surgeries and will empower clients to access non-medical social solutions to address their needs; in turn working to reduce attendances to general practice, hospital admissions and providing an alternative to medication.
- You will work alongside a highly skilled and motivated team, delivering a well-respected, high quality and personalised referral based service across the Wakefield District which supports health, wellbeing and independence.
- You will have a good understanding of health and social care services and of the community and voluntary sectors. You will understand the influence these services can have on improving a client’s health and wellbeing and possess the skills to create rapport, influence positively and support clients to identify and achieve personal goals.
- You will be educated to degree level or have at least 2 years’ experience working in a health, social care or community development role.
- You will work closely with a wide range of health, social care and voluntary and community sector organisations across the Wakefield District and therefore will be required to be a confident and natural communicator with excellent organisational skills to coordinate the multiple aspects of this job role.
The post is fixed term for 1 year, with the potential to extend for up to 5 years.
Please note this post requires an Enhanced DBS Check to be carried out.
Closing date: 5pm on Friday 13 September 2019. They reserve the right to close this advert early should we receive sufficient applications.
Interview date: Interviews are currently planned for Tuesday 24 September 2019.