The funding for the scheme was increased in 2012 up to 42m, this budget has now been confirmed until March 2020.
The Listed Places of Worship (LPW) Grant Scheme gives grants that cover the VAT incurred in making repairs to listed buildings in use as places of worship. The scheme covers repairs to the fabric of the building, along with associated professional fees, plus repairs to turret clocks, pews, bells and pipe organs.
The Listed Places of Worship Grant Scheme:
- applies only to repairs, maintenance and alteration works to listed buildings that are used principally as places of worship and listed places of worship owned by or vested in a number of specified organisations which look after redundant places of worship;
- applies to listed places of worship throughout the UK which are included on the public registers of listed buildings kept for England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland;
- applies to listed places of worship of all religions and faith groups;
- only accepts applications made in arrears;
- only accepts claims where invoices are submitted within 12 months of the invoice date, see note 3.2; and
- only accepts applications where the minimum value of eligible work carried out on any one claim to the scheme is £1,000 (excluding VAT) (see Note 3.1 for an exception to this).
For more information and applications please visit the website here.