Deadline 1st October 2018
The Lincolnshire Community Foundation are working through collaboration and partnership with the #iwill campaign and have grants of between £1,000 and £5,000 are available.
The programme aims to increase overall participation of young people in meaningful social action from 40% to 60% by 2020, with a particular focus on deprived areas. Social action involves activities such as campaigning, fundraising and volunteering and has huge potential to create enjoyable opportunities and skills development for young people, and in turn benefit the local people and places.
Projects must demonstrate how they will apply all six principles of youth social action:
- Reflective – support critical reflections & learning
- Challenge – Ambitious, but enjoyable & enabling
- Youth-led – shaped by young peoples decisions, needs & ideas
- Impactful – benefit issue, community or cause
- Progressive – Links to other opportunities & ideas
- Embedded – Linked with existing pathways, becoming a habit for life
For further information please visit the Lincolnshire Community Foundation here or to have a chat about a prospective application or to obtain an application form, please contact Sue Fortune, Grants Director at the Lincolnshire Community Foundation – t. 01529 305825 e. firstname.lastname@example.org