Grow Wild connects people to nature and each other by funding creative and innovative ideas, focused on UK native wildflowers, plants and fungi. They support community groups and organisations to bring imaginative, and engaging projects to life. They help to improve the environment and people’s wellbeing by encouraging them to be active, take notice of what’s around them, learn new things, and give back to their community.
Grow Wild will fund all sorts of things from creative events, art work to establishing wild flower areas. If your project and organisation are eligible, in 2019 Grow Wild is looking to fund projects that promote and highlight of the aims and objectives within their project delivery. These are:
- focus on UK native wild flowers, plants and/or fungi, through planting or as inspiration, and will help people understand the importance of these native species for the environment and our lives.
- work with one or more of Grow Wild’s target audiences:
- Young people aged 12-25
- Communities living in urban areas
- Communities experiencing some disadvantage or reduced access to services
- Adults that are less engaged with their community and environmental activities
- have the potential to reach at least 300 people
- enable people to connect with, learn something new and give to help each other and nature.
- have an idea that is introducing something new, e.g. a new, unlikely location, new group of people or creative way to engage your audience.
For more information please visit the Grow Wild website here.