The new General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) come into force on 25 May this year and will help protect us all from misuse of our personal information.
Here’s what you need to know:
- All organisations that process personal data are required to comply.
- You will be affected by the majority of changes. If you are already compliant with the Data Protection Act, this will help.
- Some of the changes will help social care organisations and some will create additional obligations.
- Individuals who use your services and employees can now ask to see what data you hold about them (known as a Subject Access Request). You can no longer charge £10 for this and you must reply within one month.
- You will need to have separate template notices and policies for adults and for children
The links below are to some useful resources