The aim of the Forces in Mind Trust is to provide an evidence base that will influence and underpin policy making and service delivery in order to enable ex-Service personnel and their families to lead successful civilian lives.
They award grants (both reactive and proactive) that aim to improve the transition process for ex-Service personnel and their families across 6 outcomes
- Housing: All veterans and their families are able to access good quality, affordable, secure and sustainable accommodation solutions
- Employment: All ex-Service personnel and their spouses achieve successful employment outcomes.
- Health: All Veterans and their families enjoy a state of positive physical and mental health and wellbeing, enabling them to contribute to and benefit from wider society.
- Finance: All ex-Service personnel and their families achieve an appropriately sustainable and stable financial state according to their circumstances and needs.
- Criminal Justice: Ex-Service personnel and their families avoid adverse contact with the Criminal Justice System, with effective support being available if needed
- Relationships: All ex-Service personnel can access effective support to enjoy positive inter-personal relationships in family, professional and social environments.