Deadline 12th February
Food for Life Get Togethers harnesses the power of good food to connect and bring together people of all ages and from different backgrounds.
Together we can get more people eating healthily, strengthen our communities and reduce experience of loneliness and social isolation.
They’re offering small grants of £150 from June 2020 to April 2021. The grants are to support community led food growing, cooking and sharing activity and Get Togethers.
They welcome applications which have a focus on one or more of the following:
- Food activity that has potential to be long term and become a normal and regular activity your community just does
- Food based activity that is community led and created together with the people and communities who will benefit
- Food activity which includes people and groups from disadvantaged and diverse communities
- Activity that brings people, households, streets, neighbourhoods & communities together through food
- Food activity which tackles or reduces experience of loneliness or social isolation for younger and older people in your community
- Food activity which encourages people to have a more positive attitude to ageing and/or people from backgrounds different to their own
- Online and virtual ways to meaningfully Get Together through good food, cooking, growing or sharing