Deadline 15th June
Hours flexible by negotiation
Salary £27,000 – £29,000 pro rata Post based in Hull
Plus 10% employer contribution to company pension scheme
28 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays (pro rata)
Humber Learning Consortium is registered charity (1097333) and company limited by guarantee, which promotes education for the public benefit. Humber Learning Consortium are committed to safeguarding of staff and learners. We follow Safer Recruitment and Selection processes, based on the principles of deter, reject and prevent to ensure all our learners are safe. All staff are expected to adhere to the staff Code of Conduct at all times.
The post-holder will provide high quality financial management support to HLC and line manage a small administration team, which includes apprentices.
The post-holder will be responsible to the Quality Director.
Please note this role is 45% funded by YEI ESF. You will be required to complete a timesheet for hours spent working directly on this project.
Key responsibilities of the Finance & Administration Coordinator post-holder
- A) Coordination of HLC’s financial management function
- Take responsibility for the provision of financial information to facilitate decision-making at Board, Senior Management (SMT) and project level, i.e. produce and present regular financial management information/reports to HLC’s management team, finance & general purposes committee and board of directors. Financial information to include: income and expenditure reports, profit & loss accounts, balance sheets, and cash-flow analyses.
- In conjunction with the Senior Management Team take responsibility for HLC’s annual financial planning and budgeting cycle, i.e. lead the annual budget process and produce year end forecasts and accurate project-level budgets / forecasts.
- Coordinate production of HLC’s end of year accounts (in conjunction with our external auditors).
- Undertake an annual review of HLC’s finance policies and procedures and where appropriate make recommendations for change and improvement.
- Monitor and advise SMT on financial software requirements.
- Management and development of finance team and oversight of all finance functions including:
- Process invoices and claims using Quick Books finance management software, including setting up payments for management team to authorise.
- Deal with day-to-day banking requirements, including bank reconciliations, company credit payments, petty cash, etc.
- Process and maintain records of on-line transactions.
- Process staff travel and subsistence claim payments.
- Deal with finance-related correspondence, mailings, telephone enquiries, including signposting enquiries from callers to the relevant HLC staff.
- Preparation and supervision of HLC payroll process.
- Periodically review and tender for suppliers as appropriate (insurance, banking, etc.).
- Work closely with the Internal Audit Manager to check and assess contract evidence and claims.
- Assist Contract Managers and Internal Audit Manager with audit preparation and activity.
- Work closely with Contract Managers on a monthly basis to monitor income, expenditure and performance of contracts.
- Reconciliation of contracts incoming and outgoing cash and balancing of internal bank accounts.
- Ensure financial records and contracts are accurately stored and filed.
- Ensure financial records are accurately archived as per HLC’s archive policy and procedure.
- Co-ordination of HLC’s ESF financial claims and provision of technical support.