Wildlife and landscape photography enthusiast Des O’Connor has been crowned winner of the Humber Bridge’s #YourBridge photo competition for February.
Des, 61, from east Hull, submitted an image that the judges felt best captured this month’s theme of mist.
The image has now become the banner photograph on the Humber Bridge Facebook page for the remainder of February and will feature on the Humber Bridge’s website.
#YourBridge will be running throughout 2018 in conjunction with Hilton Photographic in Hull and the London Camera Exchange in High Street, Lincoln.
Each month a different theme is selected and the 12 winning images from across the year will then be compiled into a calendar which will be sold, with profits going to charity. The cause will be chosen from nominations by Humber Bridge staff.
The March challenge is to send in images of nature or wildlife around the Bridge. Please submit your landscapes by 4th March 2018 at 12 midnight to email@example.com.
Here are some points to bear in mind when taking and submitting your images:
- Only landscape (eg, wide) images should be submitted.
- Images should be sent as JPEGs.
- Images should be no less than 1500 pixels wide.
- Entrants must own the copyright of any image they submit.
- Entrants can submit as many images as they like each month.
- Entrants must include their name and contact information.
- Entrants retain full copyright of their images but grant licence to the Humber Bridge Board to use to promote the #YourBridge project, for general promotional purposes and in a charity calendar.
- The images do not have to have been taken in 2017 or 2018 but can be great images which you may already have.