NHS70 Celebrating Mental Health Progress in the North
May 15 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
A North regional event as part of Mental Health awareness week and the NHS70 celebrations.
The focus of the event is a celebration of progress in Mental Health and sharing good practice and innovation and looking ahead the next 70 years. Confirmed speakers for the event include Professor Tim Kendall, NHS England’s National Clinical Director for Mental Health.
This free event will be open to everyone and they hope to see patients and professionals from across the system including mental health professionals, VCS, schools and higher education and anyone passionate about mental health.
Speakers confirmed so far
- Professor Tim Kendall, NHS England’s National Clinical Director for Mental Health
- Ruth Lyons, Founder of 1000 Ways to be Fearless, will be discussing her lived experience of and creating her own blog at just 22. Ruth’s blog can be found here. She is also the co-host and joint founder of The Mad Women Podcast
- David Smith, CEO of Mind in Hull and East Yorkshire. An important thought leader, you can check out David’s REACH vision in his article here.
Join them to discuss:
- How far we’ve come
- Prevention, education and empowering young people
- Innovation and best practice
- What the next 70 years could look like.
As part of the event they would also like to invite requests to participate in a marketplace that will run during the registration time as well as over lunch and once the main event closes. This marketplace will showcase specific initiatives or programmes that they are proud of. If you wish to be part of the marketplace please contact them.
Spaces are limited so please register using the link here to confirm your place.
Further information on the speakers and agenda will follow as soon as possible. In the meantime if you have any queries please contact ENGLAND.mentalhealth-North@nhs.net