- This event has passed.
HENRY – Tackling Childhood Obesity in the Early Years
September 25, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Hull City Council Healthy Lifestyles Team invite you and/or your staff to attend a HENRY Raising the Issue workshop, a one-day course for health, early years and family / community practitioners. The training will equip you with the skills to have sensitive and effective conversations with parents about weight and lifestyle, and to build parental motivation and readiness to join a HENRY programme locally
By the end of the training you will:
- understand the risk and protective factors for child obesity
- develop skills and confidence to raise weight and lifestyle issues with parents
- understand how to build parental confidence to attend a HENRY programme
- learn more about the HENRY parent programmes
- understand the referral pathway to the HENRY programme locally
There will be a high demand for the course, so please send your expression of interest to email@example.com as soon as possible
A course taking place in the east of the city is planned for early 2020 for those who cannot make the September date.