GDPR – General Data Protection Regulation
This workshop will offer an overview and explanation of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the preparation and actions the businesses need to take to ensure they are complying with the new regulation.
The workshop will go through the 12 steps required to comply with the new regulation and also explain how it fits with the current Data Protection Act and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulation.
NB – This is not a practical workshop and delegates are not required to bring a laptop computer.
The workshop will explain the jargon that surrounds the General Data Protection Regulation and how this will affect businesses. It will give the participants the steps needed to be taken to raise awareness of the scope and impact the regulation can have after it comes into force on 25th May 2018
It will provide the definitions, explanations and examples of personal data, special category data, processing through legitimate interest and by consent, privacy notices and rights of access.
The participants will leave with a good understanding of the GDPR, how it will affect their business and what they need to do in order to comply with the new regulations. They will also have a checklist of practical tips that can be used immediately that will pave the way to GDPR compliance.
- Overview of General Data Protection Regulation
- 12 steps to take now to prepare and avoid penalties and fines from the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
- General, Personal and Special Category data
- What they are and how the new regulation allows these types of data to be processed, through lawful basis of processing and consent
- Data Protection Officers and ICO enrolment/registration
- Do I need them? Is it compulsory? What do I need to do?
- Documentation and procedures
Eligibility: These workshops are available for businesses, partnerships, sole traders, and registered charities, with a trading address located within Greater Lincolnshire (North Lincolnshire, North East Lincolnshire & Lincolnshire).
To book onto this workshop please visit the eventbrite page here.