- This event has passed.
Finance & Trading for Social Enterprises
January 30, 2020 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
by Humber Business Growth Hub – #GrowMySME Programme
Part of a series of 4 workshops tailored specifically for Social Enterprises within the Humber region.
This full-day session will explore the background to setting up and resourcing social enterprise activity, including:
- The pros and cons of different legal structures
- The rules around trading, gift income and loans, including the tax implications
- An overview of Gift Aid
- How to price goods and services and understand your overheads/core costs
- Operating in a competitive market – doing research
- What surplus income means for social enterprise structures
The session will be interactive, and include opportunities for networking and applying the learning to your own ideas. Lunch and refreshments will be provided, along with a list of resources, toolkits and links for further learning.