- This event has passed.
Feeding the city: a workshop for potential business start ups
January 16 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Feeding the City is a fully funded 12 month programme that will support sustainable food start-ups across all of the UK. Successful applicants will receive bursaries, and have access to business and food expert advice and training throughout 2019.
The Hull Food Partnership invites you to an Idea-Generating Workshop to find out more and explore your ideas.
The Hull Food Partnership says…Our cities are growing and we’re struggling to feed ourselves sustainably. We want to support you to make change! What food problems would you like to solve for your community? Do you play with the idea of starting your social business or already have an idea in mind?
In our Idea-Generating Workshop you will be supported to develop an idea for your own social business, get to know others working in similar areas and have a chance to learn more about Feeding the City.
Join them in Hull, at the Brain Jar !
Using concrete tools, you will be helped to think through important elements of your idea in a structured way and to identify blind spots. Furthermore, you will receive valuable feedback and also learn which criteria are important in the submission. All are welcome, and it’s fine if you only have the beginnings of an idea.
- Introduction and overview of the program Feeding the City
- Interactive exercise and instruction for the individual development of an Idea Core, consisting of the most important basic elements of an impact idea
- Feedback from peers and suggestions for the further development of your own idea
- Mutual acquaintance and exchange of ideas
- Important information about the application process and relevant criteria.