- This event has passed.
Are you ready for GDPR?
March 13 @ 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
Need help understanding and complying with the new GDPR regulation?
Agenda Screening Services, in conjunction with the University of Hull, are putting on a workshop covering the implications and practical steps you will need to take
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is coming into force on the 25th May 2018. It will replace the current Data Protection Act 1998 and broaden the requirements of organisations that collect and process personal information. Are you ready for the changes?
Do you comply?
The workshop will cover:
- An overview of GDPR and what is changing
- 12 practical steps to prepare you for GDPR
- Key terms, definitions and scope
- Definition of personal data under new legislation
- How these changes affect your data processing
- The lawful basis for processing the information you hold
- Appropriate technical and organisational measures, including information security
- Consent – what is it? when is it necessary? how to obtain and evidence it
- The rights of data subjects
- Data mapping and records of processing data Data Protection Officer – do you need one?
- their role, accountability and liability
- Data privacy issues
- Penalties of non-compliance with GDPR
Click here to book your places (Please note tickets cost £95)