Updated to reflect national restrictions in force in England.
Anyone can volunteer during the coronavirus pandemic. However, there are restrictions on where and how volunteer roles can be completed.
People who can volunteer from home should do so. Read NCVO guidance on supporting your volunteers to volunteer from home.
People can volunteer outside their home, including within a workplace, if:
- they are unable to volunteer from home
- they don’t need to self-isolate
- they are not classified as clinically extremely vulnerable
- they follow social distancing guidance, or COVID-secure guidance if volunteering in a workplace
- their workplace has not been ordered to close, if the role takes place within a workplace