The Day Trippers Foundation provide grants for recreational and educational day trips for groups of children and young people aged 5-25 who have disabilities and life-limiting conditions in the UK.
Applications can be made for grants towards a trip occurring on a single day. For example, this could be a day out to a wildlife park, the beach or an outdoor activity centre. Each application will be considered on its own merit, and decisions are made on a first come first served basis until funds for that financial year are expended. On occasions where they are not able to award you the full amount requested, they will consider making a contribution.
Things you need to know:
- They are now accepting applications for day trips taking place by 31st October
- Applications are accepted all year round
- Awards of up to £30 per child/young person with disabilities
- One application per group per year
- Applications must be submitted at least 2 weeks before the date of your trip
- Min. of 8 children/young people with disabilities attending
- Grants will be paid retrospectively, after they have received monitoring information