Added notification that the use of gloves is being reviewed and will be updated shortly
providing more information on types of gloves.
Updated 20th July to include recommendation for the use of face masks and coverings in care homes.
Advice to those working in care homes on how to work safely during this period of sustained transmission of COVID-19.
The guidance includes:
- PPE recommendations for care home staff
- frequently asked questions on the use of PPE in care homes
- examples which help to identify the correct use of PPE when undertaking activities that require physical contact or activities which do not require physical contact but are carried out in close proximity to residents
- guide to putting on PPE for care homes
- guide to taking off PPE for care homes