Findings from the Office for National Statistics’ weekly Opinions and Lifestyle Survey (OPN), covering the period 24 April to 3 May 2020, includes new information about how people in Great Britain think that life will change after the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
- More united. 57% of adults believe that Great Britain will be more united once we have recovered from the coronavirus pandemic.
- Kinder. More people (67%) think that Britain will be a kind nation after the pandemic.
- Equality. Only 16% of adults surveyed felt that Britain was ‘somewhat or very equal’ before the pandemic.
- Return to normal. There is a growing expectation that it will take longer to return to ‘normal’, with 46% of adults now thinking it will be longer than six months.
- Economic future. When considering their economic future, 41% of adults expected their financial position to get ‘a little or a lot worse’ over the next 12 months.
To read the findings in full go to the ONS website (opens in a new tab)