The main findings from this ONS (Office for National Statistics) survey are:
- This week, over 8 in 10 adults (84%) who have left their homes have worn a face covering to slow the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) – an increase from 71% last week and 61% the week before.
- Over half of adults (57%) said they strongly supported the mandatory wearing of face coverings in shops and supermarkets.
- More than 3 in 10 adults (34%) said they would feel comfortable or very comfortable eating indoors at a restaurant this week, a similar proportion to last week (33%).
- Just over 1 in 10 adults (12%) said they would feel comfortable or very comfortable to visit an indoor gym, and 13% reported they would feel comfortable or very comfortable visiting an indoor swimming pool or water park.
- More than 7 in 10 adults (73%) met up with other people to socialise this week – a similar proportion to last week (71%).
- Over half of working adults (54%) reported they had travelled to work in the past seven days, a similar level to last week (53%).
- Just under half of adults (47%) reported that they are likely or very likely to use the NHS COVID-19 app when it becomes available.
To read the full report go to the ONS (opens in a new tab)