The main points from this report from the Office for National Statistics are
- Over 9 in 10 adults (92%) in Great Britain have left their home this week – the same proportion as last week; and of these, almost 1 in 5 (18%) said they had visited somewhere that was crowded.
- Of those adults who said they were in employment, almost 8 in 10 (79%) said they had worked this week, either by working at home or travelling to work, an increase from 7 in 10 (70%) last week.
- A greater proportion of those who had worked in the past seven days did so from home, with 49% saying they had either exclusively worked from home or had worked from home alongside travelling to work; an increase from 41% last week.
- 4 in 10 adults (40%) reported that they had used face coverings outside of their home in the past week, an increase on last week (30%).
- Of those adults who had used public transport in the past seven days, 62% had worn a face covering when travelling on public transport – an increase from 45% last week.
- Just over 1 in 5 (21%) adults with children of school age reported that they had been asked to send their children back to school. Two-thirds (67%) of these said that their children were now attending school some or all of the time.
For more information go to the ONS (opens in a new tab)