Co-op Foundation are offering interest-free loans for enterprising ideas to improve community spaces. Places and spaces for people to come together and enjoy shared interests are vitally important for building stronger communities.
The Co-op Foundation can offer:
- Interest-free loans of up to £50,000 towards viable business ideas that will benefit the whole community – particularly those facing greater challenges.
- No repayments for the first year, while your trading activities are developing
- If you are based in a more deprived area, or your work mainly benefits more disadvantaged members of the community, we might also be able to offer some grant funding alongside a loan.
Is this funding right for you?
- Is your organisation run for the benefit of the community, rather than for private profit?
- Do you own or manage a building or outdoor space that’s used for a wide range of community activities?
- Do you involve a wide range of local people in your work, including more disadvantaged members of the community?
- Do you have realistic plans to develop trading activities that will grow your long-term income?
- Are you prepared to take on a loan that will need to be repaid?