BBC Children in Need Emergency Essentials Programme supports children and young people who are facing exceptionally difficult circumstances, and is delivered by Family Fund Business Services. The programme provides items that meet a child’s most basic needs such as a bed to sleep in, a cooker to provide a hot meal and other items or services critical to child’s wellbeing.
The programme is now being delivered by Family Fund Business services on Children in Needs behalf. It is a referrer only programme and applications can only be made by registered referrers, able to reach families who need the programme most. You can find out more, and how to register as a referral agency on their website here.
Who can they help?
- Vulnerable children and young people up to the age of 18 who are experiencing a crisis or emergency.
- UK or EU citizens who are normally resident in the UK.
They can deliver or fund critical items such as:
- Electric cookers
- Kitchen equipment and small appliances
- Children’s beds and bedding (including cots)
- Washing machines and tumble dryers
- Fridges, freezers and fridge-freezers
- Baby equipment
If you are looking for a grant for any amount up to £10,000 for one year please see their Small Grants programme here.
If you are looking for a grant for more than £10,000 please see the Main Grants programme here.