Grants are available to registered charities for projects that benefit Yorkshire through the relief of need, particularly those related to youth, old age, welfare and medicine.
Most grants range from £3,000 to £5,000.
However, the Trust does award larger grants for exceptional applications. Match funding is not a specified requirement.
Funds are not available for the following:
- Building maintenance.
- Overseas projects
In recent years, the Trust has made grants to support the following themes:
- Children and youth.
- Social and moral welfare.
- Medical research.
- Medical welfare.
- Hospices and hospitals.
- Disabled and physically handicapped.
- Cultural and environmental heritage.
- Older people and their welfare.
- Mental health.
- Deaf people and those who are hard of hearing or speech impaired.
- Blind people and those who are partially-sighted.
Applications are considered at quarterly meetings which take place in March, June, September and December. The deadline for each meeting is the last Friday in January, April, July and October. For more information click here